Rider University offers students with baccalaureate degrees the opportunity to take the undergraduate science course prerequisites for medical, dental, veterinary or graduate school.
Although not a masters degree program, post baccalaureate students receive advising and academic support from Rider's Premedical Studies Committee. Additionally, students take advantage of the Continuing Studies part-time rate regardless of the number of credits taken per semester. Financial aid may be available.
To be eligible for status as a post-baccalaureate Premedical student: 1) you must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, and 2) you must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA in all completed undergraduate work.
- Complete the Eligibility Evaluation Request. Requests will be reviewed by the Post-Baccalaureate committee and results confirmed by Rider University staff.
- Submit the request to the Office of Admission along with a current resume and a statement explaining why you wish to pursue a medical/dental/veterinary degree at this point in your life
- Have official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended sent to the Office of Admission
- Email materials to: [email protected]
- Upon acceptance, a Rider University Continuing Studies student application will be required ($50 non-refundable fee)
Once you are accepted into the program, complete and submit the Continuing Studies application form ($50 non-refundable fee).