Stage and Screen Acting Academy
Pre-College Stage and Screen Acting Academy
July 1 - July 14, 2018
Performers of Rider University’s Pre-College Classical Theatre Institute bring a script to life. Students receive professional theatre training by working with and learning from Westminster’s renowned, distinguished faculty and award-winning guest artists. Discover the expectations of multiple theatrical disciplines, from stagecraft to performance.
Directed by Trent Blanton, Associate Professor of Theater in Westminster College of the Arts of Rider University.
- Understand the dramatic nuances of tragedies and comedies
- Train in:
- Text Work - grasp prose and verse
- Movement - broaden your expressive stage presence
- Voice and Speech - polish your diction, enunciation and articulation
- Master in classes in college auditioning
- Master class in Film and TV
- Master class in Stage Combat
- Travel to New York City to see a Broadway/Off Broadway play
About the Director
- MFA in Acting as well as a Certificate in the Practical Study of the Michael Chekhov technique from the Michael Chekhov Association
- Active member of Actor’s Equity and the Society of Directors and Choreographers
- Professional acting credits include: La Cage Aux Folles (Forestburgh Playhouse), Sweet Charity (Aurora Theatre), Slippery as Sin (Passage Theatre Company), Les Miserables (Actors’ Playhouse), A Christmas Carol (Actors Theatre of Louisville), 1776 (Ford’s Theatre, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera); Fiddler on the Roof (Starlight Musicals of Kansas City & The MUNY of St. Louis); A Christmas Carol, Romeo & Juliet (Alliance Theatre); A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Merchant of Venice, The Taming of the Shrew (Georgia Shakespeare); and Masada (York Theatre). Trent played virtually every major city in North America in the Broadway National Tour of Les Miserables and appeared in the Chinese premiere of Les Miz with Colm Wilkinson at the Shanghai Grand Theatre.
$1895 (includes room and board)
Students who attend a summer program will automatically qualify for a renewable scholarship to go towards attendance at Westminster College of the Arts. For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 800-962-4647 or [email protected].
Enrollment is open to high school students entering the 10th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. Enrollment is limited; applicants are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis; and acceptance is based on available space. This is a pre-college residential program on Rider University’s Lawrenceville campus and students must participate in both weeks.