Musical Theatre Institute
We are still accepting applications, however space is limited. For registrations after May 15, full tuition is due upon acceptance into the program. For payment plan options, please contact the College of Continuing Studies at 609-896-5033 or email [email protected].
Pre-College Musical Theatre Institute
July 15 - 29, 2018
Register for the Pre-College Musical Theatre Institute
High school students from around the world attend Rider University’s popular Pre-College Musical Theatre Institute to thrive as a triple threat performer. Refine skills in singing, acting and dancing. Receive professional theatre training by working with and learning from Westminster’s renowned, distinguished faculty and award-winning guest artists. Discover the expectations of multiple theatrical disciplines, from stagecraft to performance. Directed by Trent Blanton, Associate Professor of Theatre in Westminster College of the Arts of Rider University.
- Master class with special guest Broadway Artist, Ali Ewoldt, currently starring as Christine in The Phantom of the Opera
Past guests include Tony Award Winner, Alice Ripley; Aladdin Star, Adam Jacobs among others
- Travel to New York City to see a Broadway show (show TBA)
- Study acting including scene study
- Learn contemporary commercial singing techniques
- Dance classes in Tap, Jazz and Broadway Styles
- Study approaches in auditioning of college acceptance or performance roles
- Perform in the Musical Theatre Showcase Revue
- Perform in a semi-staged version of Madagascar Jr.
Faculty and Instructors
- Trent Blanton - Program Director
- Mariann Cook - Vocal Teacher; Associate Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Michelle Bruckner – Dance Instructor and Choreographer
- Louis Goldberg - Musical Director; Adjunct Assistant Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Rebecca Simon – Acting Teacher; Adjunct Assistant Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Ali Ewoldt - MASTER CLASS Special Guest, Christine in The Phantom of the Opera
- Classes in acting, choreography and voice
- Ensemble vocal rehearsals, individual coaching
- Staging rehearsals
- Final Performance
$1895 (includes room and board)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student receive a $100 discount per program
Enrollment is open to high school singers, actors and dancers entering the 10th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. Enrollment is limited; applicants are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must participate in both weeks of the program.
This is a residential program on Rider University's Lawrenceville campus and students must participate in both weeks. Students are accepted based on recommendations from their teacher.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education