How to Register
Private Lessons and Classes/Ensembles
Open registration for new students begins on June 12, 2017. The fall semester begins on September 11, 2017. Students may register at any time in the academic year. Once a student is scheduled with a teacher, lessons or classes will be pro-rated for the remainder of the year and the student will receive a bill for the pro-rated number of lessons.
- Complete the Registration Form—PDF (one form per student; form may be duplicated)
- Be sure to list specific class time or widest availability for private lessons.
- To facilitate placement for private lessons, it is recommended that students complete the Student Profile Form, and submit it with the registration form.
- Sign the registration form (required), indicating that you understand and accept the Conservatory’s policies as outlined in this catalog and on the website.
- Return the forms by mail, by fax, online, or in person with the non-refundable $40 family registration fee and the appropriate tuition deposit (see below).
Please note: We cannot take registration over the phone or confirm lessons for unregistered students. Students will be notified of their lesson/class time by telephone or by mail once the best placement for the student has been determined.
Payment Due With Registration Form
$40 non-refundable registration fee per family plus tuition deposit:
- Private lessons (30 minutes): $150 per student per instrument
- Private lessons (45 minutes): $200 per student per instrument
- Private lessons (60 minutes): $250 per student per instrument
- Rhymes and Rhythms: $100 per mini-session
- Musical Playground and Musical Threes: $150 per mini-session
- All Other Classes: $75 per student per class
- Performing Ensembles: $75 per student per ensemble
- Young Artist: $500 per student (non-refundable)
- Young Musician: $500 per student (non-refundable)
- Young Music Scholar: $150 per student
Families who register for 4 or more Conservatory offerings receive a 5 percent discount off their tuition.
Senior Citizen Discount
Senior citizens (age 60 and older) receive a 15 percent discount off their tuition.
Rider University discount
Rider University students, faculty, and staff (including family members) receive a 20 percent discount off their tuition. In addition, the $40 registration fee is waived.
- A 1.5% finance charge is applied monthly to unpaid balances. There will be a $30 charge for all returned checks.
- Payments may be made by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express either by mail, in person, by telephone, or online at www.rider.edu/conservatory.