July 18 - July 31, 2021
Join acclaimed organist, James Roman, and guests for the two-week Institute for High School organists.
The experience includes private lessons, master classes, and sessions on various organ related topics. The Institute ends with a student recital and the Vocal Institute concert.
- Virtual format - participate from the comfort of home
- Multiple private lessons and master classes with the organ faculty
- Attend classes in musical style, technique, history, literature and registration
- Classes in liturgical organ playing and improvisation
- Daily choral experience; Perform in the Final Vocal Institute concert
- Learn effective techniques for practicing, performance anxiety and memorization
- Learn how to prepare for auditions and college applications
Faculty and Instructors
High school students who complete any Rider University Pre-College Summer Program prior to applying for first-year admission to Rider University can qualify for an annually renewable $2,000 Pre-College Completion Award. Some restrictions may apply.
$995 for Virtual Organ Institute
Enrollment is open to students entering 9th grade through those having just completed their senior year. There is no application deadline for this program, however it is advisable to register early to reserve your place in this popular class. No audition is required.
Equipment (what is needed to attend the program):
- Good internet connection
- Access to piano and/or organ is necessary
Expectations for students: Students must participate in both weeks. The daily schedule includes morning and afternoon sessions on varying topics including organ literature, hymn playing and improvisation, master classes, and participate daily in the Vocal Institute offerings. Private lessons are offered.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education
Email: [email protected]