Pianists will learn from some of opera's most skilled collaborators at CoOPERAtive.
The profession demands broad knowledge, sharpened skills, and maximum flexibility, and CoOPERAtive has the expert mentoring you need.
When registering, select "Operatic Coach/Accompanying Program".
- Train with world class faculty in classes and private lessons
- Work with conductors on the art of playing an operatic aria
- Perform in regularly scheduled concerts
- Accompany for stage director in dramatic private coaching and classes
- Prepare arias for future auditions
- Collaborate on relevant repertoire with a high level of young professional singer
- Discover what are the expected skills as a pianist and collaborator
- Susan Ashbaker – Master Coach/Conductor. Former Director of Artistic and Music Administration, Opera Company of Philadelphia, Former General and Artistic Director, Tri-Cities Opera.
"I am very impressed with the comprehensive training CoOPERAtive offers. No facet of the art or the business of singing is overlooked. For pianists, in-depth study of playing arias convincingly, of synchronizing with a singer, of following a conductor-all these are covered, and in a thoroughly professional but friendly, safe atmosphere."
— Martin Katz