Business Communication Studies
Business Communication Program Format
Classes are offered weekday evenings on Rider’s Lawrenceville Campus, enabling students to earn their degree while working full-time. The entire 33-credit program can be completed in two years (including summers), depending on the student’s course load.
Participants in the M.A. in Business Communication program will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Effectively manage crisis communication, internally and externally, with credibility and transparency;
- Think and write strategically for the effective communication of business goals, by target audience;
- Be an ethical and responsible communicator, functioning within the laws and regulations relative to workplace communication;
- Maximize the use of compelling visuals as components of the communication process;
- Use communication-based research and analysis to acquire critical information for business decision making;
- Bridge gender, ethnic, religious, and other differences that affect the workplace through communication initiatives that build trust and allegiance;
- Understand the dynamic of communication between and among businesses in a global context, and the communication challenges in a global marketplace;
- Integrate current communication technologies including social media for effective positioning and impact;
- Understand organizational dynamics, including leadership and team-building;
- Manage communication for the greatest impact on organizational performance and organizational culture;
- Produce work that translates into the professional marketplace
Who Should Apply
Recent graduates with majors in fields such as marketing, advertising or public relations will find this program an excellent foundation for long-term success and a competitive advantage as they begin their career. Communication is the top-ranked skill by corporate leaders for success in all areas of business enterprise. This program gives recent graduates practical insights into the business context of communication and hands-on experience in its implementation.
The M.A. in Business Communication also is ideally suited to current communication professionals who are interested in advancing their skills and credentials in order to assume an expanded leadership role within their organization. Business professionals in other operational areas who want to develop their general communication skills within the context of their organization’s goals will also benefit from the program’s relevant and practical focus. Current professionals looking to enhance their portfolios would also be ideal candidates for this program. You will receive professional consultations with the faculty to better tailor your work to fit your professional goals.