Current students register at myrider.rider.edu
For a complete list of courses, visit
Summer I Course Schedule
Summer II Course Schedule
NOTE: When reviewing course offerings in the Enhanced Course Roster (ECR), classes offered ONLINE are indicated with section OL. Classes offered through remote and alternative instruction are indicated with section RAI. Courses are subject to change, please check back often.
Too busy to come to campus during the summer? Try Rider’s online learning courses! Taught by Rider faculty, these courses offer students the same quality of instruction as our in-classroom offerings.
For a complete list of courses, visit the Summer I Course Schedule and Summer II Course Schedule and use the code OL in the section filter:
A sample of courses offered this summer include:
- ACC 210 Introduction to Accounting
- AMS 225 American Folklore
- BIO 100 Life Science: Biology of Human Aging
- COM 203 Introduction to Social Media
- HIS 352 History of Socialism
- MKT 200 Marketing Principles
- PSY 131 The Science of Mental Illness
- AMS 310 American Identity in the Arts
- CHE 115 Chemistry and Contemporary Society
- CIS 260 Business Graphics
- COM 328 Sitcoms and American Culture
- MGT 201 Fundamentals of Management and Organizational Behavior
- PSY 384 Positive Psychology
Students enrolled in distance learning courses must log onto Canvas at canvas.rider.edu at least one week prior to course beginning to access the course and check for any pre-course assignments.
An online class fee of $35 per course applies to all online courses.
Online Courses Support
Rider University's online courses give your flexibility of participating in coursework anytime, anywhere. All online courses offered by the University are taught by the same Rider faculty and are as academically engaging as our classroom-based offerings.
- Learning Platform: Rider's online courses are offered through Canvas, a learning management system. For more information, or to access tutorials about using Canvas, please visit the Canvas Tutorial website. Students who experience problems logging in should contact the OIT HelpDesk at 609-219-3000.
- Student Email: Official university communications will be sent to students’ Rider university email address. Students are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with university-related communications. In the online courses, Rider faculty members may utilize email for answering questions, providing feedback, collecting student assignments, etc. It is expected that students will use their Rider email account for participation in online courses. Students can access Rider's email system (and learn how to forward their Rider email to an external account) by visiting webmail.rider.edu.
- Help Desk: OIT HelpDesk professionals and technicians will assist you with the technical issues you encounter. The Rider University Help Desk is available Monday — Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm EST by calling 609-219-3000 or emailing [email protected]. Students also have access to Canvas Support 24/7 for any Canvas-related issues. To contact Canvas support, click the "?" icon of the left-hand side of the navigation pane in Canvas where you can chat or call for help. For more information, please visit the HelpDesk.
If you experience problems obtaining your username or have general questions about online courses, please contact the College of Continuing Studies at (609) 896-5033 or via email at [email protected].
An additional online class fee of $35 per course applies to all online courses.