Premedical, Predental, and Preveterinary Studies
Rider University offers students with baccalaureate degrees the opportunity to take the undergraduate science course prerequisites for medical, dental, veterinary or graduate school.
Although not a masters degree program, post baccalaureate students receive advising and academic support from Rider's Premedical Studies Committee. Additionally, students take advantage of the Continuing Studies part-time rate regardless of the number of credits taken per semester. Financial aid may be available.
To be eligible for status as a post-baccalaureate Premedical student:
- You must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- You must have a 3.25 cumulative GPA in all completed undergraduate work
- Complete the Eligibility Evaluation Request. Requests will be reviewed by the Post-Baccalaureate committee and results confirmed by College of Continuing Studies staff.
- Submit the request to the College of Continuing Studies along with a current resume and a statement explaining why you wish to pursue a medical/dental/veterinary degree at this point in your life
- Have official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended sent to the College of Continuing Studies
- Email, mail, or fax materials to:
College of Continuing Studies
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-3099
E-mail: [email protected]
- Upon acceptance, a Rider University College of Continuing Studies student application will be required ($50 non-refundable fee)
For program specific questions contact:
Chair, Premedical Studies Committee