Musical Theatre Institute
Pre-College Musical Theatre Institute
July 19 - August 2, 2020
High school students from around the world attend Rider University’s popular Pre-College Musical Theatre Institute to thrive as a triple threat performer. Refine skills in singing, acting and dancing. Receive professional theatre training by working with and learning from Westminster’s renowned, distinguished faculty and award-winning guest artists. Discover the expectations of multiple theatrical disciplines, from stagecraft to performance. Directed by Trent Blanton, Associate Professor of Theatre in Westminster College of the Arts of Rider University.
- Master class with special guest, Sierra Boggess, Ariel in The Little Mermaid on Broadway
Past guests include: Ali Ewoldt, Christine in The Phantom of the Opera, Tony Award Winner, Alice Ripley; Aladdin Star, Adam Jacobs among others
- Travel to New York City to see critically acclaimed Broadway show, Girl From The North Country, featuring music by Bob Dylan
- Study acting including scene study
- Learn contemporary commercial singing techniques
- Dance classes in Tap, Jazz and Broadway Styles
- Study approaches in auditioning of college acceptance or performance roles
- Perform in the Musical Theatre Showcase Revue, featuring contemporary Broadway hits.
- Perform in a semi-staged version of a Broadway show, Queen's We Will Rock You
Faculty and Instructors
- Trent Blanton - Program Director
- Mariann Cook - Vocal Teacher; Associate Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Michelle Bruckner – Dance Instructor and Choreographer
- Louis Goldberg - Musical Director; Adjunct Assistant Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Rebecca Simon – Acting Teacher; Adjunct Assistant Professor Westminster College of the Arts at Rider University
- Classes in acting, choreography and voice
- Ensemble vocal rehearsals, individual coaching
- Staging rehearsals
- Final Performance
$1895 (includes room and board)
- Two or more programs - $100 discount off each program
- Family discount - Families sending more than one student to receive a $100 discount per program
Enrollment is open to high school singers, actors and dancers entering the 10th grade through those who have just completed their senior year. Enrollment is limited; applicants are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Video audition is requested upon registration – it is optional but highly recommended for placement.
This is a residential program on Rider University's Lawrenceville campus and students must participate in both weeks. Students are accepted based on recommendations from their teacher.
Westminster Office of Continuing Education