Professor Sprotzer has taught business law, business ethics and corporate responsibility at Rider for 35 years. His professional experience includes the practice of business law and real estate law, as well as trust and estate planning. His research interests are in constitutional law as it relates to business and business ethics and he has published articles in a variety of business journals. Professor Sprotzer has taught in the EMBA program since its inception and was influential in the redesign of the program.
Areas of Expertise
Chinese advertising; cross-cultural advertising; international advertising strategy; cross-cultural consumer behavior
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2003, University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign, Advertising, Economics.
- Master of Arts, 1998, Wake Forest University, Communications.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1994, Peking University.
Dr. Larry Newman currently serves as Co-Executive Director of EXCEED (Rider’s Executive Center for Education and Development). EXCEED offers customized consulting services and executive education for businesses and government organizations throughout the region. Newman served as Dean of the College of Business Administration from 2004 – 2012. Prior to his appointment as Dean of Rider’s College of Business administration, Newman was a member of the Rider faculty for more than 20 years. At Rider, Newman served as chair of the marketing department from 2001 – 2004.
- Ph.D. University of Arizona, Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences, Retailing and Consumer Sciences, 2011
- American Marketing Association
- Haywood, E. & Mishra, A. (forthcoming). Building a culture of business analytics: A marketing analytics exercise. International Journal of Educational Management, Special Issue: The Human Side of Management