The International Business Committee represents faculty from across the CBA. This group serves as advisors to students majoring in International Business, and makes suggestions for curriculum changes affecting the Major. Most committee members teach in the international area, and several lead global business study tours to different foreign countries.
Dr. Chandar is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Accounting Association, the American Institute of CPAs and the New Jersey Society of CPAs.
Financial Reporting and Regulation in Capital Markets, Financial Intermediation, Investment Company Reporting, Agency Theory, Audit Committees and Corporate Governance, Accounting and Business History
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2009, Baruch College, City University of New York, Earnings Quality and Corporate Investment
- Master of Business Administration, 2003, Columbia University, Finance
- Bachelor of Science, 1997, University of Witwatersrand, Civil Engineering
- Ratner, M. & Chiu, C. (2015). Hedging Characteristics of Commodity Investment in the Emerging Markets. Global Economy and Finance Journal, 8 (2), 1-13.
Dr. Lauren Eder is a professor of Information Systems in the Department of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management, and Director of the Center for International Business. She holds a Ph.D. and MBA from Drexel University and a BS from Boston University. Dr. Eder teaches graduate and undergraduate business courses including information systems for supply chain management, data mining, electronic commerce, and management information systems, as well as the EMBA international seminar and other international business study tour courses.
Areas of Expertise
Chinese advertising; cross-cultural advertising; international advertising strategy; cross-cultural consumer behavior
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2003, University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign, Advertising, Economics.
- Master of Arts, 1998, Wake Forest University, Communications.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1994, Peking University.
- Ph.D. University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, Accounting, 2007
- B.E. Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, Accounting, 2000
- Dr. Li joined the Rider community in 2006. She is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants, American Accounting Association, Certified General Accountants’ Association of Canada, Beta Alpha Psi Business Honors Fraternity, Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society recognizing Business Excellence, and is a recipient of four Summer Research Fellowships at Rider University.
Areas of Expertise
Positioning; strategic market planning; marketing of higher education institutions; marketing research
Scholarship of teaching and learning; planning and positioning in the nonprofit sector
Strategic market planning; principles of marketing; introduction to business; international marketing; marketing analysis and decision making
Dr. O’Reilly-Allen has been a member of the Rider Community since 1991. She is Director of the Masters of Accountancy Program and the Accounting Co-op Program. She teaches the Managerial Accounting courses, Cost Management, and the graduate course Issues in Financial Reporting. She has also led business study tours to Spain, Italy, Prague, London and Ireland. She is also the Director of the Accounting Internship Program.
Professor Sprotzer has taught business law, business ethics and corporate responsibility at Rider for 35 years. His professional experience includes the practice of business law and real estate law, as well as trust and estate planning. His research interests are in constitutional law as it relates to business and business ethics and he has published articles in a variety of business journals. Professor Sprotzer has taught in the EMBA program since its inception and was influential in the redesign of the program.