All students are assigned faculty advisers upon matriculation to Rider University. When students declare a major in Economics, they have the flexibility of choosing any member in the department as their adviser. Faculty maintain regular office hours each semester and are available at other mutually convenient times to work individually with their students to resolve academic problems and to clarify post-graduation objectives.
- Doctorate of Philosophy, 1974, University of Pittsburgh, Economics
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1970, St. Vincent College, Economics
- McCall, C.W., Meric, G., Bentley, J., & Meric, I. (2016). A Comparison of the Financial Characteristics of U.S. and European Manufacturing Firms. Studies in Business and Economics, 11(2), 58-67.
Welcome to my Web page
I'm a Professor of Economics in the Economics Department. In addition, I am a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research in the Health Economics Program. My research in economics focuses on health, crime, and education.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1973, University of Pennsylvania, Economics
- Master of Arts, 1961, University of Pennsylvania, Economics
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1960, Muhlenberg College, Economics
- Meric, I., Taga, L. S., Gishlick, H. E., & Meric, G. (2015). Co-Movements of the World's Stock Markets Before and After the 2008 Stock Market Crash. Journal of Strategic and International Studies, 10 (1), 74-81.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1982, Temple University, Economics
- Master of Arts, 1979, Temple University, Economics
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1973, Lycoming College, Economics
Undergraduate Courses Taught at Rider
- Principles of Macroeconomics, ECO 200
- Principles of Microeconomics, ECO 201
- Managerial Economics, ECO 301
- Industrial Organization, ECO 325
MBA Courses Taught at Rider
- Economic Analysis, MBAD 531
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1979, University of California at Berkeley, Economics
- Master of Arts, 1968, University of California at Berkeley, Economics
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1966, University of Michigan, Russian Studies
- American Economic Association, 1988-Present
- Association for Comparative Economic Studies, 1988-Present
- Association for Slavic East European and Eurasian Studies, 1988-Present