See if you qualify for a GMAT waiver or deferral
In many cases the GMAT may be waived or deferred. Find out if you qualify for one of these options before you apply. Complete the form below and submit a copy of your resume and transcripts. We'll contact you within 48 business hours to discuss your options.
If your coursework has been completed at a university outside of the United States, please submit a copy of your credential evaluation that has been completed by an agency such as WES or Educational Perspectives. If you need assistance with this process, please contact us at 609-896-5036.
MBA Applicant GMAT/GRE Waiver Guidelines
MBA applicants who meet one of the following criteria established by the Rider University College of Business Administration would qualify for a waiver for the standardized test requirement (GMAT or GRE):
- Has graduated from an AACSB accredited business program AND has one of the following:
- a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3;
- a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 with 3 years of professional experience;
- 5 or more years of professional experience.
- NOTE: Graduate Admissions and the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs of the College of Business Administration will evaluate an applicant's professional experience.
- Has been inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma.
- Has passed the CPA certifying exam.
- Has earned a master's degree or higher with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from a program that is accredited in its discipline (e.g., NCATE for education, ABET for engineering.)
- Has earned a graduate certificate in a business-related discipline from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Has earned a Ph.D. from an accredited university in the United States.
- Has been admitted as a Non-Matriculated Student (see below for description of this academic standing) into a Rider University graduate business program and has completed 12 credit hours of graduate business coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 with no grades below a B.
- Has completed a minimum of 90 credits in an AACSB accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3. Such applicants will be granted conditional acceptance into the MBA program. The conditions of admission are to complete their undergraduate program and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3. After these conditions are met, applicants will be fully admitted into the MBA program.