Business Professionals Track
The Business Professionals Track of the Business Analytics Graduate Certificate Program is designed for marketing managers, business analysts, accountants, financial analysts, executives, small business owners and other non-IT professionals to gain the skills and knowledge needed to analyze business data effectively and achieve more informed decision making.
Five graduate-level courses (15 credit hours)
PMBA 8051 – Statistical Analysis (3 credits)*
Learn the basic statistical techniques useful in business decision making including descriptive statistics, event probability, random variables, sampling distributions, regression analysis and topics in statistical inference.
PMBA 8312 – Data Mining (3 credits)
Learn to solve problems/exploit opportunities by processing datasets, interpreting results, and deploying solutions. This course provides hands-on experience with these tasks, helping students to build a robust data mining methodology that can be applied to real-world investigations. Students will be using SAS Enterprise Miner software.
PMBA 8317 – Applied Data Management for Business Users (3 credits)
Learn the benefits of data sharing in a business organization as well as the process of designing data structures, transforming, cleansing and loading data into computer databases, and retrieving that data for reporting and analysis.
PMBA 8357 – Business Analytics for Managers (3 credits)
Gain a broad set of practical data analytic skills by building analytical solutions on real data. These skills include accessing and transforming data, applying both supervised and unsupervised analytical frameworks and methods, conducting rigorous evaluations with business goals in mind, and understanding, visualization, and presentation of results. Students will be using both Excel and SAS software, including SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Enterprise Miner.
PMBA 8380 – Business Analytics Optimization (3 credits)
Learn how the practice of optimization is used for making business decisions. Develop skills for building graphical and mathematical models for practical business decisions and using computer software to optimize mathematical models, perform sensitivity analyses, and interpret results to make intelligent decisions.
Waiver of PMBA 8051 – Statistical Analysis
A student may have PMBA 8051 – Statistical Analysis if they demonstrate statistics proficiency by satisfying ONE of the following conditions:
- Earn a grade of “B” or better in statistics coursework equivalent to Rider’s MSD 200-Statistical Methods I and MSD 201-Statistical Methods II at an accredited four-year institution within six years prior to the semester admitted; OR
- Take the proficiency exam to test out of PMBA 8051 with a grade of “B” or better.
Students must demonstrate technological proficiency by satisfying ONE of the following conditions before they can begin taking classes:
- Earn a grade of “B” or better in course work equivalent to Rider’s CIS 185 Information Systems Essentials at an accredited four-year institution within six years prior to the semester admitted; OR
- Complete PMBA 8010 Information Technology Proficiency with a grade of “B” or better; OR
- Take the proficiency exam for PMBA 8010 with a grade of “B” or better.
The certificate is awarded to students who complete all five courses in their program track and
- Receive a 3.0 overall GPA in all five courses, and
- No grades below a “C”.