LEAD Camp 2018
Start your first year at Rider with the Leadership Enrichment and Development (LEAD) Camp
Camp Dates: Tuesday, August 28 – Friday, August 31, 2018
Application deadline for Fall 2018: May 1, 2018
Learning about leadership is one of the most beneficial college experiences any student can have. Not only does it foster professional and personal development, it’s a fun and meaningful way to engage with the community and build life-long friendships.
The Center for the Development of Leadership Skills is excited to offer 20 first-year students the opportunity to participate in an exciting leadership development experience prior to the start of the Fall 2018 semester – the LEAD Camp!
LEAD Camp’s four days of fun and engaging activities will give you opportunities to:
- Learn about leadership through fun, experiential activities (e.g., ropes course, Escape Room) that involve teamwork and problem solving.
- Participate in workshops where you will define what leadership is, identify your personal leadership strengths, learn the elements critical to effective leadership, and how to best develop as a leader throughout your time at Rider.
- Appreciate that leadership is not defined by a position, but rather, is learned and honed by serving others.
- Get connected to the many resources and opportunities at Rider that will promote your development as a leader.
- Build relationships with other Rider students who are passionate about becoming effective and successful leaders!
You’ll also remain connected to the LEAD community throughout your first year with special leadership workshops and opportunities.
The LEAD Camp will also provide you with the opportunity to meet and learn from current Rider student leaders and alumni who will provide guidance and advice on how best to start your leadership journey at Rider.
Those first-year students who will be residing on campus will be able to move into their residence halls early (on August 28). All participating students will receive meals during the camp.
We’re looking for passionate and motivated leaders at all levels of their development to join us.
Please note: Some students may not be able to participate in this camp due to scheduling conflicts, including students enrolled in the Bonner, STEM, Milestone Scholar and WCC programs. If you are participating in the Multicultural Student Leadership Institute (MSLI), you will participate in some of the LEAD Camp activities.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Laura Seplaki, Associate Director for the Center for the Development of Leadership Skills at [email protected].