The Bristol Myers Squibb Center for Science Teaching and Learning, the home of the TLC, is located in building 23, Mike and Patti Hennessy Science and Technology Center, on the map of campus (full map). We are on the third floor.
Walk from the Visitor parking lot across campus past the Admissions and Library Buildings and past the Business (Sweigart Hall) and Education (Bierenbaum Fisher Hall) buildings. The Mike and Patti Hennessy Science and Technology Center is the one with the glass tower on the front. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the Mike and Patti Hennessy Science and Technology Center and turn right as you leave the elevator. The entrance to the Bristol Myers Squibb Center for Science Teaching and Learning will be on your right.
Rooms 316 and 317 each contain a suite of technology for face-to-face and distance education. Teachers can present information using the following:
- Document Camera (3D and document projection)
- Macintosh Intel Core 2 Duo running Mac OS X and Windows 7
- Ceiling mounted projector
- SMART Board (317 only)
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer (317 only)
In the Faculty Lounge, Room 309, teachers can create presentations using the following:
- 1 Macintosh Intel Core 2 Duo computer running Mac OS X and Windows 7
- Dual deck VCR
- Mini-DV player/recorder
- CanoScan N67OU Scanner
- HP LaserJet P2055dn Printer
Students can investigate problems using the following:
- 14 Windows laptop computers (Room 317)
- ProScope digital microscopes
- Vernier Probeware
- Various pieces of lap equipment and manipulatives
- 2 Swivl Robotic Platform for Video
Swivl Robotic Platform for Video: Swivl allows the user to stay on camera while walking around the classroom, as the platform rotates in response to the infrared location device worn by the presenter. Works with iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android.
See Administrative Specialist, Annie Hoyt for equipment loans. Contact Instructional Designer, Daeyeoul Lee, for instruction in using TLC equipment or for set-up assistance.