- Ph.D., Counselor Education & Supervision, Penn State University
- M.Phil. Ed, Professional Counseling, University of Pennsylvania
- M.S. Ed, Counseling & Mental Health Services, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A, Psychology (minor in Spanish), Seton Hall University
Professional Background and Research
My research is focused on complex trauma and the impacts it has on individuals and family systems both long term and short term. Much of my research focuses on the construct, resilience, as many who experience trauma have shown vast amounts of resilience. Therefore, as I continue to study what factors lead to resilience despite the experience of trauma, I plan to develop preventive methods and programs for children actively experiencing complex trauma.
Similar to my research interests, my clinical practice is focused on trauma specifically, childhood and complex trauma, crisis, and adult mental health. I possess a wide range of clinical experience, with adults experiencing severe mental health concerns, college students in multiple settings, children, adolescents & families in mental health agencies and school settings. I have received training and supervision in trauma-informed care and family systems theories, which grounds my counseling approach and has had a significant impact on my teaching and supervision.
Other areas of research: Depression, Crisis, Advocacy, Counselor Education & Supervision
- COUN 503: Group Counseling
- COUN 550: Counseling & Helping Techniques
- COUN 521: Cultivation and Implementation of Trauma-Informed Counseling in Community & Educational Settings
- CNPY 518: Counseling Children, Adolescents & Families
- CNPY 514: Psychopathology
- CNPY 516: Advanced Psychopathology
Selected Scholarly Publications
- Daniels, A.D. Daniels, A.D. (2022). Trauma-Informed Child Client Advocacy (TICCA) Plan: Conceptualization and Case Study. Journal of Counselor Preparation and Supervision, 15(1). Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.sacredheart.edu/jcps/vol15/iss1/7
- Daniels, A.D. (2022). Combining family systems approaches to address BIPOC families' racial trauma amidst the global pandemic. The Family Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/10664807221078969
- Daniels, A.D., Bryan, J. (2021). Resilience despite complex trauma: Family environment and family cohesion as protective factors. The Family Journal. 29(3), 336-345 https://doi.org/10.1177/10664807211000719
- Bryan J., Henry, L.M., Daniels, A.D., Edwin, M., Griffin, D. (2021). Equity-focused school-family-community partnerships: Infusing antiracism into the process. In Holcomb-Mccoy, C (Ed.) Antiracist Counseling in School Communities. American Counseling Association.
- Watts, J.W., O'Sullivan, D., Panlilio, C., Daniels, A.D. (2020). Childhood emotional abuse and maladaptive coping in adults seeking treatment for substance use disorder. The Journal of Addictions and Offender Counseling. 41, 18-34