Share

Medalist: SGA - Westminster

This slideshow is not enabled

Westminster Student Government Association

Citation and Sesquicentennial Medal presented on April 23, 2015

Students are the lifeblood of the Rider and Westminster community. I have had the privilege of seeing all of you learn, grow, and prepare to go on to what I am confident will be successful careers in the fields that you love. This year, as we honor Rider’s 150th anniversary, we are, perhaps, even more aware of those signature moments in our history that have made a lasting impact. This year, we have developed a new Sesquicentennial Medal of Excellence to be presented to those individuals and organizations that have gone “above and beyond” in assisting the University to better serve its students, alumni and our community.

Today, as we celebrate the end of another wonderful year of musical and academic excellence at Westminster Choir College, it gives me great pleasure to present a medal of excellence for the Westminster Student Government Association (SGA).

As representatives of the student body, the SGA works tirelessly to build the bonds needed to help Westminster run smoothly and to improve life on campus for students in tangible ways. From serving as a sounding board for major decisions to supporting and planning events that create lasting memories, the SGA has proven to be a group of exemplary individuals dedicated to improving the student experience.

Every year, the SGA plans and hosts the President's Ball and funds major campus events, such as Spring Fling, Drag Ball, Java and Jive, and others. Though it may seem to participants as if these events unfold seamlessly, behind the scenes, the SGA is orchestrating each detail. Its members have served as the embodiment of the Westminster mission of service by writing letters to military personnel thanking them for their service, promoting kindness throughout campus through sharing cookies and inspirational messages and making more than 200 sandwiches for the homeless this past fall. These are just a few of the examples of the SGA’s tremendous work.

The Student Government Association has always served as a beacon of experience, partnership and leadership – and for that – Rider University and Westminster Choir College are eternally grateful, as am I. It has been a great honor and pleasure to witness your successes.

Accepting the award on behalf of the Princeton campus SGA is Noreen Bodman, the 2014-15 Student Government Association President.

-President Mordechai Rozanski

“Westminster