Share

Medalist: Sanda University

This slideshow is not enabled

Sanda University

Citation and Sesquicentennial Medal presented on April 17, 2015

The educational partnership between Rider and Sanda University has been a source of pride for both universities since it began in 2002. The mutual trust we have developed over the past 13 years has helped build a program with a global reputation for delivering solid international education and positive life-changing experiences. Our valued partnership is a true model for how two universities can work together overseas to benefit both institutions and its students.

Partnering with Sanda helped Rider step confidently into the realm of international education while also assisting a new generation of Chinese students to become business leaders schooled in advanced theory and processes of Western business.

More than 600 Sanda students have benefited from the program, either through earning a certificate or enrolling at Rider to earn a dual degree, including a master’s degree from Rider. More than 250 students now hold dual degrees from Sanda and Rider as well as a master’s degree in either business administration or accounting from Rider. Just last year, three Sanda University employees became the first graduates of Rider’s Master of Arts in Business Communication.

The partnership has also been instrumental in providing a global experience for our students and faculty.  Not only does the program draw more international students to Rider, it also gives Rider faculty the opportunity to travel to Shanghai each year to teach courses to Sanda students — an invaluable opportunity for faculty to absorb Chinese culture and return to the United States with new insights to share in the classroom.

Understanding the importance of global experience is only one of several qualities that Rider and Sanda share. Both institutions retain a clear focus on the academic and personal success of students. Countless students have left the program to go on and work for major banks, global accounting firms, and financial companies.

But the program doesn't just ensure that students achieve their academic and professional goals. While traveling the world and meeting new people, participants create memories and friendships that last a lifetime. I am happy to report that at least two marriages have resulted from students meeting through the program.

Since the program’s founding, Rider’s faculty, staff and students have committed themselves to the success of Sanda’s students. Rider students serve as mentors as they welcome the arriving international students, and senior staff are trained to help them as they transition to a new culture and life on an American college campus. Faculty and administrators guide students in their course of study, help secure internships and advise them as they pursue their careers.

As you may already know, creating international partnerships has been a goal of mine during my entire professional career. As someone who has specialized in modern Chinese history and Chinese-American relations, I have been delighted to build and strengthen Rider’s enduring relationship with Sanda University. I am especially proud of the sense of trust and respect we have been able to foster between our two universities, the result of which has been a long and fruitful partnership that has improved the lives of hundreds of students.

It is my pleasure and honor to present on behalf of Rider University a Sesquicentennial Medal of Honor to our great international partner, Sanda University.

-President Mordechai Rozanski

Sanda