Housing contracts are issued for a full academic year. When you sign your agreement to live in Campus Housing, you are committing to the terms of that agreement, including length of agreement and room rate. When you move out early, you are breaking the terms of the agreement.
If you are considering canceling your housing agreement, please review the following information before making a final decision.
Students wishing to cancel housing who have started the online housing application must complete the cancel application step on the housing portal.
Students wishing to cancel housing who have made a housing deposit but have not started the online housing application must complete the Off Campus Housing form which can be found on the Residence Life website.
The room deposit is non-refundable. The amount of the room deposit is applied towards the student’s account for the semester that the student is applying for housing.
- Students who have received a housing assignment; who request release from housing between the beginning of Room Selection and May 31 will be assessed a $200 Housing Cancellation fee.
- Students who have received a housing assignment; who request release from housing on or after June 1st for the Fall semester and November 1st for the Spring semester will be assessed a $700 Housing Cancellation fee.
- Students who have received a housing assignment; who request release from housing on or after July 1st for the Fall semester and December 1st for the Spring semester will be assessed a $950 Housing Cancellation fee.
- Students who have received a housing assignment; who request release from housing after the semester has started will be subject to the University refund schedule as indicated in the “The Source Student Handbook".
- Students who have received a housing assignment; who withdraw from the institution without notifying the Residence Life Office will be assessed a late cancellation fee as indicated in the schedule above.
WCC Students Only
All full-time first and second year undergraduate students who do not live within a twenty mile radius of the campus with their family or spouse must reside on campus. All first and second year Westminster students are required to live in housing on the Princeton campus. Failure to meet this requirement will result in the student being charged the full room and board that is applicable at the time.
If you are studying abroad through Rider University, you can suspend your housing for the semester you will be studying abroad without penalty. You will need to notify Residence Life in writing with verification from the Center for International Education stating that you are studying abroad.
December Graduates who complete a proper check-out by the end of the fall semester will not be penalized for cancelling the yearlong housing contract.