Kaleidoscope Chamber Series: Musical Albion
Music of Great Britain, including works by Purcell, Handel, Boyce, Butterwort, and Britten:
- The overture, "Scherzano sul tuo labbro" and "Lascia ch'io pianga" from Handel's opera Rinaldo of 1711
- "Turn then Thine Eyes" and "Hark! The Echoing Air" from Purcell's The Fairy Queen
- An early example of the symphony by William Boyce
- George Butterworth's orchestral idyll of 1913 The Banks of Green Willow
- Benjamin Britten's Phantasy Quartet for oboe, violin, viola, and 'cello.
Kaleidoscope Chamber Orchestra
Ruth Ochs, conductor
Danielle Sinclair, soprano
Elisabeth Boyce-Jacino, soprano
Melissa Bohl, oboe
Ileana Ciumac, violin
Marjorie Selden, viola
Ruth Ochs, cello
No event occurrences found.