All Westminster Choir College and many School of Fine and Performing Arts majors require an audition and/or interview.
For students who live beyond a 250 mile radius of Westminster and are unable to travel for an on-campus audition we will accept a recorded audition.
To facilitate the submission of recorded audition we offer a service called DecisionDesk which will allow you to upload the recordings directly to us through our web site.
Please see below for specific instructions and the appropriate links to upload your videos to DecisionDesk.
View instructions for:
|Westminster Choir College Voice, Piano and Organ Majors
Please submit a video recording.
Audio only recordings will not be accepted for any graduate program or for any undergraduate performance major.
- Organ videos must show pedals.
- Please follow all of the uploading instructions provided.
If you are having technical difficulties please contact the Help Desk at DecisionDesk.
Westminster Office of Admission cannot provide technical help with this service.
|UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO
|School of Fine and Performing Arts Majors
All majors must submit a video recording.
Audio only recordings will not be accepted.
Please submit the following:
The recorded Dance audition consists of two parts.
- Submit a video of 15 - 30 minutes of a dance class.
The class should either be ballet or a modern or contemporary dance class that demonstrates understanding of rotation, alignment, and core strength.
You should be clearly identified in the video.
- Submit a 1 -2 minute solo dance.
The solo can be in any form of dance.
For questions regarding the recorded dance requirements please contact Dr. Kim Chandler Vaccaro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit all of the on-campus audition requirements (2 songs, 2 monologues)
- For the dance segment: Prepare a 1 one minute dance showing technique (turns, leaps, rhythm).
- If you tap please show as well (separately).
- Upload a current headshot and resume.
|UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO
|Choral Conducting Pre-Screening
All applicants must stubmit the pre-screening recording through DecisionDesk.
Applicants must submit a preliminary screening recording in order to be considered for an invitation to an on-campus audition.
Deadline: Both the application and recording must be submitted no later than December 1.
We will no longer accept DVDs or VHS pre-screening recordings.
- The recording must be in English.
- Twenty to thirty minutes of conducting/rehearsing a choir that the candidate regularly conducts, or an ad hoc group formed for the taping.
(Previously recorded accompaniment is not accepted.)
- Camera positioned to show a head-on view.
- Music of contrasting tempi that demonstrates legato and marcato gesture.
- A list of works conducted.
- Follow the instructions for uploading the pre-screening recording found on the GitizenGroove website.
Please also upload the following:
- List of works conducted
- Essay (statement of goals)
- Unofficial transcript
Our faculty will review all of the submitted pre-screening recordings and invite selected candidates to audition on campus.
|UPLOAD YOUR PRESCREENING VIDEO