The Maurice E. Palmer Memorial Scholarship was established to honor Maurice Palmer, former Associate Director of Admission who passed away at an early age.
Award Amount: $5,000
GPA to maintain: 2.5
*Scholarship is renewable for four years, as long as student maintains a 2.5 GPA
This scholarship is awarded annually to a deserving EOP student admitted to Rider University. The EOP committee begins to review applicants to its program in early spring; you will be notified if you are a finalist for the scholarship by late spring.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum SAT or ACT requirement for the EOP program.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, commitment and loyalty to working with others
- The ability to contribute to Rider University and make it a better place, just as Maurice did.
- This can be measured by involvement in student organizations and other activities in their high school.
Candidates will be selected from the accepted EOP pool by the scholarship committee. Those selected will be invited to campus for an interview in the spring of their senior year of high school.