To apply to Rider and the Educational Opportunity Program, you must follow the steps and requirements below.
Steps to Apply
Complete the application for admission online or fill out a paper application.
Complete the EOP section on your admission application.
Complete a Rider University EOP Questionnaire (pdf) and submit required income documentation.
Meet New Jersey mandated income eligibility guidelines.
Interview with the EOP staff may be required.
Complete the Free Application fr Federal Student Aid Form (FAFSA).
Indicate Rider University (code #002628) on the FAFSA form.
Priority filing date: March 1
Submit a copy of your tax returns.
- Complete an on-campus admission auditions and/or admission interview.
To be eligible for the EOP program, you must:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be a New Jersey resident for at least one year
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Meet state mandated income guidelines
- Show a historical background of low-income
- Enroll as a full-time student
EOF Income Eligibility Scale
The income eligibility requirements are updated each year. For the most recent income eligibility information, please visit the NJ Department of Education website.
An admission candidate must successfully complete 16 academic units in high school, including:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years minimum of Mathematics, including Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry
- Remaining credits are acceptable in any of the following areas: Humanities, Foreign Languages, mathematics, Social Sciences and the Sciences
||Candidate's Reply Date
*If required, students must audition an EA audition date.
Admissions Mailing Address
Office of Undergraduate Admission
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ, USA 08648-3099
Accepted Students - Summer Program Requirement
Freshman Summer Program
As an EOP student you will be required to attend, in July, a mandatory five-week residential summer program at Rider University.
The summer program is intended to help familiarize students with the rigors of academic life and the University environment.
Students are required to take courses in Speech Communications, College Writing, and Logic. In addition, students are also required to participate in socially enriching activities and leadership workshops. The summer program is intended to orient students to the Rider University campus.