Steps to Apply
In order to submit a complete application, please submit the following materials
Complete the application for graduate study online or fill out a paper application.
Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee. If you are applying online, you may pay via credit card. All checks should be made out to Rider University and should include the student’s name and phone number.
Complete an audition or submit an audition tape with the application.
Please note: auditions will not be scheduled and recorded auditions will not be evaluated unless Westminster has received the application and fee. It is encouraged that applicants send in all required documents before auditioning.
Note: Students applying for a Master of Music degree program but who do not hold an undergraduate degree in music must submit a pre-screening recording following the same requirements as the on-campus audition. The pre-screening recording must be submitted at least one month prior to the requested audition date.
- Submit a repertoire list. All applicants must submit a current and complete list of works performed.
Submit two reference letters. We would like a reference from your current or most recent music teacher. The remaining reference(s) can be of your choosing. Ask your teachers to mail the recommendations directly to the Admissions Office.
- Submit a personal statement. Each graduate applicant is asked to write a substantial essay of 500 words unless otherwise specified in the audition/admission requirements.
Submit a current resume.
- Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores, if English is not your native language, and you did not attend a U.S. university for your undergraduate program.
Minimum TOEFL score: 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (iBT)
Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
- Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended. Transcripts, mark sheets, graduation certificates, degree certificates and/or exam results from all colleges and universities attended. Transcripts must have the official school seal and be translated to English. Photocopies are only accepted when attested by the college or university, or your local Education USA office. A listing of courses taken and grades received must be included. A course-by-course evaluation of credits may also be requested by the Committee on Admission.
- F-1 student visa holders must also submit:
- Westminster Graduate International Student Supplement link to completed by the student, sponsor(s) and bank as indicated
- Supporting financial documentation (ie. Bank statements, letter of employment/salary,etc.)
- Copies of all previous visa and/or I-20's processed and used in the United States, if applicable
- Submit copies of all previous visas and/or I-20's processed and used in the United States, if applicable.
Applicants for all graduate programs must hold a bachelor’s degree (in any major) from an accredited college or university.
An applicant must have completed sixteen (16) years of formal education. Our graduate programs do not consider post-graduate diplomas (without previous Bachelor's degree) or membership in professional institutes as qualifications for entry into a graduate program. Applicants who do not possess 16 years of education from a recognized college or university will not be considered for admission. Students who posses a total of 15 years of education must complete another year of education before applying to graduate programs at Rider University.
Conditional admission is not offered.
Applications must be received at least three weeks in advance of the requested audition date.