Explanation of Easyprint
EasyPrint is a print management system that assists clients to reduce paper waste by allowing them to view submitted jobs and release only those that they actually wish to print out. Clients can send several jobs to the print location of their choice. Unwanted jobs can be manually deleted or will automatically be deleted after 4 hours. This process allows the university to partner with its internal clients to reduce wasteful printing as well as the impact it has on the environment.
EasyPrint is available to clients across both the Lawrenceville and Westminster campuses. Print jobs may be submitted from any location on either campus including while connected to the nowires wireless network.
Finally, Rider has made an exciting enhancement to EasyPrint. We have introduced "One Queue" for all University printers. This means you will no longer have to select the exact printer location when printing. When you go to print now, all you will need to select "Rider University Printers” printer when prompted. Your print job will be available at every print location on both campuses.
EasyPrint Release Locations
- Bart Luedeke Center 126
- Bart Luedeke Commuter Lounge
- Daly’s Dining Hall
- Fine Arts 1st Floor Lobby
- Fine Arts 3rd Floor Lobby
- Memorial 1st Floor Lobby
- Moore Library Public Area
- Moore Library “Lab Without Walls”
- Moore Library 24-Hour Study Lounge
- Science Building 1st Floor Lobby
- SRC First Floor Lobby
- Switlik C106
- Sweigart Hall 1st Floor Lobby
- West Village Building B
Westminster Choir College
- Talbott Library
- Talbott Foyer
- Student Center Commuter Lounge
- Talbott 006 (Arts & Science Lab)
To install the package, you must first establish a working Internet connection while on the campus. Otherwise the installation will not work properly.
- EasyPrint for Windows
- EasyPrint for Mac
- EasyPrint for Mac Uninstaller (Only if you are removing the previous EasyPrint software)
If you have the previous Pharos software installed on your computer, (Showing all campus wide printers), you must remove/uninstall it before downloading/installing the software. To Uninstall Pharos from a computer running Windows, go to Start > All Programs > Pharos>Uninstall Pharos. Follow the prompts to completely uninstall the program. For computers running the Mac operating system, please download and run the uninstaller package listed above.
- Once you are ready to print, click on the File menu, then Print. Select Rider University Printers.
- Click the Print button to submit your job for processing.
- When prompted, enter a job name for your print job. This will assist you with determining what each job is when you are ready to release them for printing.
- Enter your EasyPass username
- Click the OK button – your print job has been submitted to the Release Station
- Go to the Release station at the print location you chose when submitting your print job(s) and login with your EasyPass username and password.
- Select your document(s).
- Click the Print button
- Collect your document(s) at the printer
Notice: Print jobs not released within four (4) hours will be automatically purged. Lab Monitors are available in computer labs to assist with any printing questions or problems.
If you have questions or require support related to your EasyPass account, please contact the Help Desk at x3000.