Rider Women's Leadership Council
Rider Women’s Leadership Council is a community of Rider alumnae and friends committed to taking an active role in leading efforts that will have an extraordinary collective impact on Rider University, Rider’s students, and members of the Council.
Why join the Council?
RWLC members are a remarkable group of women whose passion, success and influence make them leaders, role models and mentors.
- Mentoring Rider students and recent graduates
- Connecting with exceptional women and business leaders through RWLC events
- Programming that celebrates and advances women leaders
- Engaging in philanthropic initiatives that support RWLC Membership
- Rider alumnae and friends who are committed to forging strong, reciprocal relationships are invited to apply for membership in the Rider Women’s Leadership Council.
Marian Ashton Women's Leadership Award
The Marian Ashton Women's Leadership Award was established in 2016 to honor the first female graduate of Trenton Business College. This award is given to an alumna who has made significant contributions to advancing women. Alumnae chosen will have a long term record of achievements and demonstrated significant personal leadership over her lifetime. The recipient will, by virtue of her intelligence, vision and courage, have made long lasting contributions to advancing women leaders.
Janice Ellig received the award on October 18, 2016 at the 150 Years of Women at Rider's kickoff event where she was a guest speaker. The award was presented by Polly Dell'Omo and Karen West on behalf of the Rider Women's Leadership Council.
The Rider Women’s Leadership Council is made possible through a partnership between the College of Business Administration and the Office of University Advancement.