Requirements for all Interntional Students / English Language Institute Students (ELI)
Student Health Services is responsible for the public health of the university and for the medical services for all international students regardless of insurance choice.
If you are an International or ELI student you are required to have:
- Submit a Student Health Record
Download the Health Record (.pdf)
- Read the information letter on the Meningitis Vaccine
- Complete the American College Health Association Tuberculosis Screening form (Part 1).
If you answer "no" to all of the questions, no further action is necessary. You do not need to return the form to the health center. If you answer "yes" to any of the questions in Part 1, bring the entire form to your health care provider and have Part 2 and 3 completed. The 3 page document should be forwarded to Rider University Student Health Services at the address below.
A Health Care Professional must sign the Student Health Record and return to:
Rider University Student Health Services
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Note: All immunizations must be translated from your native language to English prior to your arrival to Rider University.
Please be sure to make and keep a copy of this document before mailing it to the Health Center.
Vaccines can be administered at our health center. Approximate fees (covered by health insurance) are listed below:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): 2 required. $65.00 USD each
- Hepatitis B: (20 or older) 3 required. $62.00 USD each
- Hepatitis B: (under age 19) - 3 required. 28.50 USD each
- Meningitis A,C Y, W-125 (Menactra/Menveo): $120.00 USD per single dose. Required of all students residing on campus
- Tuberculosis testing (Mantoux | PPD): $10.00 USD
All International Students are required to have appropriate health insurance coverage.
View details of the plan offered through Rider University.
If you seek to waive the International plan offered by Rider University, you must provide a comparable health insurance plan.
The following levels of coverage are deemed appropriate:
- Accident / sickness unlimited
- $50,000 medical evacuation
- $25,000 repatriation
The plans must be submitted to the Center for International Education with the International Student Health Insurance Waiver Form:
The insurance plan offered by Rider University does not include dental services for non-traumatic dental issues. Please be certain to obtain routine dental care prior to traveling to the University.