Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
Any student, faculty or staff member interested in becoming a Catholic or in finding out more about the Catholic faith is invited to participate in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults.
Through dialog, study, liturgy and prayer, members of the University community have the opportunity to grow in their knowledge of the Catholic faith and, if so moved, to be fully initiated into the Church through the Sacraments of Initiation (i.e. Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist ).
This program also provides an excellent opportunity for those who are already members of the Church to develop deeper insights into their faith and to recommit themselves to membership in the Church.
Is RCIA right for you?
Check off all that apply!
- I have no religious affiliation but have questions about religion.
- I have had some religious ties but wonder about Catholic beliefs and life.
- I sometimes think that I should seriously look at becoming a Catholic.
- I was baptized a Catholic as a baby but that's all.
- I am not currently active in living as a Catholic these days.
- I didn't bother to get the sacrament of Confirmation.
- I am baptized Catholic Christian but don't know much about what I believe or why?
- I think I'm an O.K. Catholic but don't know how to have others realize that's a plus in life.
- I never have received the sacrament of the Eucharist or of Reconciliation.
- I need to talk to someone about God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit because they're so real to me.
- I would like to help another student by talking with him/her about Catholic life, faith, practices.
- I could serve as a godparent or sponsor for someone becoming a Catholic or approaching the sacraments for the first time.
- I would like to assist in discussion groups or one-to-one sharings.
If you identified yourself in any of the above, you are invited to benefit from aspects of RCIA at Emmaus House this year.
For further information about RCIA, please contact Fr. Joseph Jakub at (609) 896-0394, mailto:email@example.com