Phi Sigma Sigma
|Phi Sigma Sigma Quick Facts
National Founding: November 26, 1913 at Hunter College, NY
Local Founding: April 24, 2004 as the Theta Eta Chapter
Motto: “Diokete Hupsula" or "Aim High"
Philanthropic Cause: National Kidney Foundation
National Organization: www.phisigmasigma.org
Nickname: Phi Sig
Colors: King Blue and Gold
Flower: The American Beauty Rose
Symbol: The Sphinx and The Sapphire
Mascot: The Dolphin
2016 Phi Sigma Sigma Chapter Statistics
Overall Chapter Score- 167/187 - 89.3%
Click for detailed explanation of the standards process
Academic Achievement- 16/23 - 69.5%
- Increased GPA from 3.06 to 3.08 and has scholarship plans.
- New Members are provided a scholarship sister, mandatory study hours, and are required to attend all scholarship events.
Chapter Operations- 33/34 - 97%
- Each member is required to participate in two organizations outside the chapter.
- Chapter utilized and implemented a new national program. The Phi Sigma Sigma Program (3 stages - Phi/Sigma 1/Sigma 2)
Leadership Development- 31/33 - 93.9%
- 30% of members
- Sisters participate in a “Pyramid Point” System. The system is geared towards supporting their Creed and each member must obtain 60 points by the end of the semester.
Programming- 28/32 - 87.5%
- Chapter struggled with programming cancelling events last minute.
- Chapter focused on improving themselves before increasing campus initiatives and outside involvement.
Risk Reduction- 23/24 - 95.8%
- Executive board chair holds events and utilizes a point system for accountability. If a members were to reach 3 points, that person would be asked to disaffiliate from the chapter.
House Management- 14.5/16 - 90.6%
- Several building programs were focused on “making a House a Home”
- Sisters decorated for each holiday and held a universal cleaning day each semester.
Presentation Score- 21.5/25 - 86%
2016 Chapter Academics
- Spring 2016 Chapter GPA: 3.16
- Fall 2016 Chapter GPA: 3.18
- Spring 2016 New Member GPA: 3.12
- Fall 2016 New Member GPA: 3.22
Phi Sigma Sigma Contact Information
Chapter President: Danielle Batra
Primary Advisor: Schelli Wilson
House Manager: Nicole Morrow
- 2016 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2015 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2014 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2013 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2012 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0