Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
|Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. Quick Facts
National Founding: December 1, 1975 at Kean College, NJ
Local Founding: November 3, 1991 as the Iota Chapter
Philanthropic Cause: Saint Judes and March of Dimes
National Organization: www.lambdalady.org
Nickname: The Quiet Storm
Colors: Burgundy and Grey
Symbol: Seashell, Moon and Pearls
Mascot: Lady on the Moon
2016 Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. Chapter Statistics
Overall Chapter Score- 163.25/173 - 94.36%
Click for detailed explanation of the standards process
Academic Achievement- 12.5/17 - 73.5%
- Sister Yaslyn Lora received an award for the highest GPA in the Northeast Region.
- Study with the LTAs routinely happened once a month.
Chapter Operations- 28/31 - 90.3%
- Held their 25th Anniversary Gala
- Attended and supported March of Dimes
Leadership Development- 31/31 - 100%
- Programming was aimed towards developing leaders, emphasizing sisterhood, and striving for professionalism.
- Their Aspire High Philanthropy brought Trenton area students to Rider University as part of a mentorship program.
Programming- 32/32 - 100%
- Worked with financial aid to provide a scholarship to the winner of their annual “Mr. Grey” competition.
- Chapter brought a local police officer and alumni to host their “Know Your Rights Program”
Risk Reduction- 24/24 - 100%
- The sisters went outside the box and held their “Olympic Extravaganza Event.” They hosted every NJ chapter to discuss the current culture and fundraise.
House Management- 13/13 - 100%
- 3 members are currently living in University house for the academic year.
Presentation- 22.75/25 - 91%
2016 Chapter Academics
- Spring 2016 Chapter GPA: 3.32
- Fall 2016 Chapter GPA: 3.48
Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. Contact Information
Chapter President: Aleyja Aguirre
Primary Advisor: Angelica Benitez
House Manager: William Harmonay
- 2016 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2015 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2014 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0
- 2013 Chapter Code of Conduct Violations = 0