August 30 – September 4, 2015
— A special invitation to prospective GLASS (General Liberal Arts & Science Studies) Students —
Register for this event
Because of the wide range of activities and faculty/student interaction involved, participation in GLASS-STEM is limited. Questions?800-257-9026 or 609-896-5042
If you were admitted as a freshman for the coming fall semester and you have SAT math scores of 550 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.0 or better, register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot in the Summer Science Institute.
If you register for the Science Institute (and make your tuition and housing deposits) by May 1, you will be eligible for reserved science student housing.
Undergraduate Admission Web site
Are you curious about the life of a science major?
A career in the sciences can be challenging, but deeply rewarding. Whether you’re still deciding about majoring in the sciences or already know it’s the right field for you — don’t miss our GLASS Summer Science Institute. You'll arrive on campus a week before classes begin to explore everything Rider's science programs have to offer. The GLASS Summer Science Institute, collaboratively designed by faculty from Rider University’s science departments, will give you the opportunity to:
- Get hands-on laboratory experience
- Explore Rider’s science options to find the right path for you
- Polish the math, research and writing skills you’ll need to be successful in college
- Learn about our fun and supportive science learning community of faculty and students
Best of all, the Summer Science Institute is free to qualified GLASS students!
And there’s more year-round!
Demand for skilled professionals in the STEM disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics has never been greater. STEM innovations are transforming our lives on every front — from public policy and healthcare to economic growth.
As a student at Rider, you can pursue a degree in one of these STEM-related majors:
To prepare our students for professional success and achievement in these critical fields, Rider’s GLASS-STEM majors receive all the mentoring available to GLASS students during the academic year, plus:
- Science Institute field trips to local forests, marshes, wild animal preserves, a ropes course, the Franklin Institute, the Mutter Museum, and/or a Trenton Thunder game.
- Priority enrollment in mathematics and lab science courses
- Specialized advising from faculty and experienced students
- A head start on getting to know your peers and the campus
- A complimentary science laboratory course textbook for a fall course
Did You Know...
- Majoring in the sciences at Rider opens doors of opportunity in many local industries, including pharmaceutical science, chemical synthesis, food science, bioinformatics and green technology.
- Science skills like data analysis and technical communication are sought after in virtually any field.
- There is a national goal to train 10,000 science teachers in the next 10 years, with huge career opportunities for those with a bachelor’s degree in the sciences.
- Of the top 10 fields with the lowest unemployment rates in 2012, eight are in STEM disciplines.
The GLASS Summer Science Institute is still accepting registrations.
Register for this event.
You should directly contact Prof. Danielle Jacobs if you have any questions and to get placed on the waiting list.