Give your science career a running start!
Majoring in the sciences is hard, but deeply rewarding. You owe it to yourself to get an early advantage on the science curriculum at Rider by joining the Summer Science Institute.
You'll arrive on campus a week before classes begin to explore everything Rider's science programs have to offer. The Summer Science Institute, collaboratively designed by faculty from Rider University’s science departments, will give you the opportunity to:
- Get hands-on laboratory and field experience
- Become familiar with our high expectations
- Polish the math, study, research and writing skills you’ll need to be successful in college
- Learn about our fun and supportive science learning community of faculty and students
As a student at Rider, you can pursue a degree in one of these STEM-related majors:
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Environmental Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Integrated Science & Mathematics
- Marine Sciences
The Summer Science Institute is FREE to qualified students!
To prepare our students for professional success and achievement in these critical fields, Rider’s SSI students experience:
Science Institute field trips to local forests, marshes, wild animal preserves, a ropes course, and field trips to the Franklin Institute, the Mutter Museum, or a Trenton Thunder game.
Priority enrollment in mathematics and lab science courses
Specialized advising and mentoring from faculty and experienced students
Get ahead on becoming acquainted with your peers and the campus
And there’s more year-round!
Demand for skilled professionals in the STEM disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics has never been greater. STEM innovations are transforming our lives on every front — from public policy and healthcare to economic growth.
Did You Know...
- Majoring in the sciences at Rider opens doors of opportunity in many local industries, including pharmaceutical science, chemical synthesis, food science, bioinformatics and green technology.
- Science skills like data analysis and technical communication are sought after in virtually any field.
- There is a national goal to train 10,000 science teachers in the next 10 years, with huge career opportunities for those with a bachelor’s degree in the sciences.
- Of the top 10 fields with the lowest unemployment rates in 2012, eight are in STEM disciplines.
Because of the wide range of activities and faculty/student interaction involved, participation in the Summer Science Institute is limited and by invitation only. Register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot in the Summer Science Institute.
If you register for the Science Institute (and make your tuition and housing deposits) by May 1, you will be eligible for reserved science student housing.