Registration for our Summer 2014 Reading and Writing Program has begun. More than 7000 children have come through our program since 1980. The program is designed for students ages 6 through 16. Our library of more than 7500 titles and a student-centered environment permit us to meet individual needs. Our classroom management system coerces students to take responsibility for their own learning. The program includes:
- a three-hour screening for those children who have not been enrolled in the Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 program. The screening is scheduled for Saturday, June 21, 2014 from 8:45 to 11:45am.
- thirty six (36) hours of instruction in 12 personalized sessions from 8:45-11:45am during the month of July, as follows:
|July 7||July 8||July 9|
|July 14||July 15||July 16|
|July 21||July 22||July 23|
|July 28||July 29||July 30|
- parent orientation the morning of the screening (June 21, 2014)
- parent education night
- final conference where your child tell you what he/she has learned (scheduled for Thursday, July 31, 2014)
- final written report about your child's accomplishments
A professional illustrator of children's books will visit. Visiting authors and/or illustrators share their experiences which spur children to write. Dr. William Guthrie, an expert in New Jersey Native Americans, will also visit the Center. His knowledge of Native American history coupled with his skills as a professional storyteller makes the past come alive and live forever in children's memories.
The program cost is $695 per child. The cursory screening is an additional $65 and is required for those children who are enrolling for the first time or those who have not attended the Center since Summer 2013. A non-refundable deposit of $295 is require for each child ($360 if the cursory screened in needed).
Our summer "reading and writing camp" (as many children refer to us) is extremely popular. If you are interested in improving your kids reading and writing skills, and having fun at the same time, return the registration with deposit.
| ||Susan Mandel Glazer, Ed.D.|
Professor, Coordinator, Reading/Language Arts; Director, Center for Reading and Writing
Office: Maurer Building 108
Phone: 609-896-5000 x7189