Students must be 21 years old to consume alcohol in the State of New Jersey.
• Plan ahead. Set a limit and stick to it.
• Always have a designated driver.
• Eat before and while you drink to help slow the absorption of alcohol.
• Do NOT play drinking games. You consume alcohol too fast to realize how intoxicated it is making you.
• Know how much you are drinking. 1 drink = 1 4-5 oz. glass of wine, 1 12 oz. beer, 1 shot of 80-proof liquor. Mixed drinks may be more than one serving!
• Use the buddy system. Stick together and make sure you look out for each other.
• Keep an eye on your drink to protect yourself from date rape drugs – both men and women are at risk of being drugged.
Don’t drink from punch bowls or pitchers – they are easy to drug and it is difficult to keep track of how much you are drinking.
Look around and notice that not everyone is getting trashed – only a few people are really drinking heavily, and they are often doing something embarrassing! It’s okay not to drink!
Most Rider Students Drink Responsibly