Lawrenceville Campus Vehicle Registration and Parking
Lawrenceville Vehicle Registration
Parking decals are issued upon registration with the Department of Public Safety. All vehicles are required to be registered. Resident students can register one vehicle. Commuting students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty and staff can register up to 3 vehicles.
The Department of Public Safety is located in West House at the south entrance of campus. Public Safety is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be reached at (609) 896-5029.
Parking decals are available at no cost except for freshmen resident students who wish to park on campus. Freshman residents on the Lawrenceville campus must pay a $300 parking fee in advance of registering their vehicle in the Bart Luedeke Center during fall opening activities. The fee is payable on-line at www.rider.edu/parking.
When registering your vehicle, please submit the completed form along with your Rider ID, driver’s license, and insurance and registration cards.
Please note the following:
- Gated lots are accessed as designated via your Rider ID.
- Students are responsible for obtaining the appropriate parking decal when a new housing assignment dictates a change in their parking assignment. Freshmen residents who pay for and receive decals must re-register their vehicles prior to the start of their sophomore year in order to receive appropriate new decals.
- Temporary parking permits may be obtained from Public Safety for guests and for an unregistered vehicle when a registered vehicle is unavailable due to repairs or other reasons.
- Lost or stolen decals or temporary parking permits must be reported to Public Safety. They will be invalidated and new ones will be issued.
- Designated handicapped accessible spaces are interspersed throughout the parking lots. The applicable license plate or hang tag issued by a state Department of Motor Vehicles is required for these spaces. Faculty, staff or students with handicapped license plates or state-issued hang tags must register their vehicles with the Department of Public Safety.
- Passenger pick up/drop off points are designated in the Fine Arts Circle, in front of Moore Library and the Bart Luedeke Center and in the residential complex. These areas are designated for this purpose only. Unattended vehicles in these pick up/drop off areas and on roadways are subject to ticketing and towing at any time.
Lawrenceville Parking Assignments | View Campus Map
Please note that parking is prohibited in fire zones and on campus roadways except as otherwise designated. The Department of Public Safety may limit or alter on-campus parking and traffic flow in the event of an incident, emergency or campus event.
- Open Parking
Open parking is available for general faculty/staff, student and visitor use in the back lots adjacent to the turf field and track, in front of Maurer Gym, in Durkin lot between the south entrance and the south gate kiosk, in the gated BLC lot on weekends and from 4 p.m. until 6 a.m. Monday through Friday, and in the Fine Arts and Daly/Vona lots on weekends from 5 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday.
- Faculty and staff
Parking is available in gated lots adjacent to the academic buildings, across from the Bart Luedeke Center (BLC) and next to Maurer Gym. These lots are accessed with your Rider ID. Parking is also available behind Alumni Gym (athletics only), Daly Dining Hall, Vona Annex and the General Services Building (building occupants only). Your parking decal will determine where your primary lot is located.
- Non-freshman resident (R) and commuter (C) students
Parking is available in the large lot across from the BLC as indicated by signs on the light poles and the blue roadway stripe. Parking is also available to non-freshman residents in the Kroner lot.
- Freshman resident (Z) students
Parking is available in the portion of the BLC lot between the south entrance campus roadway and the tree line (White Pines Apartments) as indicated by the signs on the light poles.
- Freshman commuter (U) students
Parking is available for freshman commuters and Poyda residents and all other students, faculty and staff throughout the week and weekends in the back parking lot next to the turf field behind Poyda. Freshman commuters can also park in the commuter portion of the BLC lot on weekends and from 4p.m. until 6 a.m., Monday through Friday.
- Graduate and Continuing Studies students
Parking is available after 4 p.m. in the gated BLC lot, the large lot across from the BLC as indicated by signs on the light poles and the blue roadway stripe, and in open parking in front of Maurer Gym, in the Durkin lot between the south entrance and the south gate kiosk, and in the back lots adjacent to the turf field and track.
- Poyda residents
Parking is available in the lot immediately behind Poyda and in the parking lot next to the turf field.
- West Village and sorority residents
Parking is available in the gated lots adjacent to these buildings. These lots are accessed with your Rider ID.
- Residents of University, Omega and Phi Sigma Sigma Houses and non-freshman residents of Ridge and Lake Houses
Parking is available in the lots behind Fraternity Row and in the lot adjacent to Phi Sigma Sigma House.
- Westminster Choir College (WCC) students
WCC resident students park in the resident portion of the BLC lot and in Kroner lot. WCC commuter students park in the commuter portion of the BLC lot. Your hang tags are recognized on the Lawrenceville campus. There is no need to have both a hang tag and parking decal.