Emergency Response Tips
As a community, we recognize that safety is everyone’s responsibility. Through our collaborative efforts, we can provide greater awareness of, preparedness for, and response to on-campus incidents and emergencies. Public Safety appreciates the opportunity to share with students, faculty and staff the following emergency response information that will help each of us prepare for a variety of emergencies or situations.
We encourage students, faculty and staff to program the numbers below into their cell phones so that they are immediately available to call in an emergency:
|Public Safety (non-emergency)||609-896-5029||both campuses|
|Public Safety (emergency)||609-896-7777||both campuses|
Report suspicious persons or activity immediately to Public Safety at either of the above numbers.
Thank you for taking the time to review the emergency information below. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Public Safety at 609-896-5029.
Please also contact Public Safety if you would like to schedule training for your office, department, college or organization as it regards to active shooter, weather, hazardous materials or any of the other emergencies listed below.
Choose a topic:
- Active Shooter Response
- Bomb, Phone, and E-mail Threat
- Chemical Hazard
- Civil Disturbance, Demonstration, Riot
- Electric, Gas, Water / University-Wide Utility Outage
- Emergency Kit Checklist
- Evacuation for People with Disabilities
- Fire - Administration Buildings
- Fire - Residence Halls
- Homeland Security Advisory System Levels
- Important Information
- Information Site Locations
- Medical Emergencies
- Psychological Crisis
- Residence Hall Evacuation Assembly Points
- Rider University Campus Emergency Resource Teams
- Severe Weather
- Sexual Assault
- Suspicious Package
- Threatening and Violent Behavior
- Timely Warning and Emergency Notifications