The following holidays will be observed during the 2014–2015 academic year:
- Labor Day -- Monday, September 1, 2014
- Thanksgiving Day -- Thursday, November 27, 2014
The University has authorized closing at noon on Wednesday, November 26, 2014.
- Day after Thanksgiving -- Friday, November 28, 2014
- Christmas Day -- Thursday, December 25, 2014
The University has authorized closing at noon on Wednesday, December 24, 2014.
- New Years Day -- Thursday, January 1, 2015
The University has authorized extending the closure to include Friday, January 2, 2015.
- Spring Holiday -- Friday, March 20, 2015
- Memorial Day -- Monday, May 25, 2015
- Independence Day (observed) -- Friday, July 3, 2015
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Holiday Early Closings: University policy requires that all offices are to remain open and staffed until closing on the day before Thanksgiving, and on Christmas Eve.
Floating Holiday: Non-faculty employees are entitled to two floating holidays (nurses receive one). Floating holidays require supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
Winter Close: From Friday, December 26th, 2014, through Wednesday, December 31st, 2014 , and on Friday, January 2, 2015, the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will reopen on Monday, January 5, 2015.