The following holidays will be observed during the 2013-2014 academic year:
- Labor Day -- Monday, September 2, 2013
- Thanksgiving Day -- Thursday, November 28, 2013
President Rozanski has authorized the closing of the University at noon on Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
- Day after Thanksgiving -- Friday, November 29, 2013
- Christmas Day -- Wednesday, December 25, 2013
President Rozanski has authorized the closing of the University at noon on Tuesday, December 24, 2013.
- New Years Day -- Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Spring Holiday -- Friday, March 21, 2014
- Memorial Day -- Monday, May 26, 2014
- Independence Day -- Friday, July 4, 2014
President Rozanski has authorized the closing of the University at noon on Thursday, July 3, 2014.
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Holiday Early Closings: University policy requires that all offices are to remain open and staffed until closing on the day before Thanksgiving, on Christmas Eve, and on July 3, 2014.
Floating Holiday: Non-faculty employees are entitled to two floating holidays (nurses receive one). Floating holidays require supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
Winter Close: From Thursday, December 26th, 2013, through Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 , the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2014.