IRS Form 1098-T
The IRS Form 1098-T is a tax information statement required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This form is designed to help families, and their tax preparer, determine their qualification for either the Hope or Lifetime Learning Credit or qualification for a tuition and fees deduction on their annual income tax.
For further details, please visit www.irs.gov or consult with your tax accountant.
To retrieve a copy of your IRS form 1098-T, please follow one of the two options below:
Current Students - Tax Statements for 2016
- Go to Rider's student portal at myrider.rider.edu and log in
- Click on the Student Tab
- Go to the Student Finances Section
- Click on the 1098T Form
- Select the Tax Year 2016 and press Submit
The 1098-T will then display- you may print the form for your records through your browser.
Tax Statements Prior to 2016
To access your 1098-T statement online, please visit the Heartland ECSI portal
Students will need their:
- School code ( Rider University’s school code is GY)
- Social Security Number
- Heartland ECSI PIN
- If a student does not know their Heartland ECSI PIN, clients may direct them to the Retrieve Credential Page.