These days, cost can be the deciding factor in where you decide to attend college. Rider University utilizes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, (FAFSA) as the main determinant of how much aid a student will receive based on the family's expected contribution (EFC).
Funding is available through federal and state governments as well as from Rider's own institutional funds. The information below will help you with applying for financial aid at Rider University.
- Apply for admission to Rider University.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1 of the year in which you plan to enroll (preferred filing deadline for all Rider students is March 1.) We encourage you to complete the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. If you need help filling out the FAFSA, Rider's Office of Financial Aid professionals are ready to help, just give us a call. Don't forget to include Rider's six digit code number (002628) on the application.
- Send the application directly to the federal government for processing. The form will contain a pre-addressed envelope for the purpose. Remember, you must be accepted for admission before we can award financial aid, but don't wait to be accepted for admission before applying for aid - please file the aid application by the priority deadline of March 1.
- Once we receive the results of your needs analysis from the federal processor, we will design a financial aid package to meet your individual needs. You will receive an award letter from Rider outlining the various types of aid for which you are eligible.
- You must reapply for financial aid each year while you are in school.
Questions about financial aid may be directed to the Office of Financial Aid at 1-800-257-9026 or 609-896-5360 or by fax at 609-219-4487. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.