International undergraduate students are required to live on campus for two years; graduate students are required to live on campus for one year (Lawrenceville only) and ELI students are required to live on campus for the duration of their program. You should check the Residence Life webpage often for updated information about events, closings, etc.
- Freshman and transfer students who haven’t paid their deposits yet must go to the MyRider portal to pay the housing deposit. You will be notified when you can fill out the housing application and select your roommate. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com.
- ELI, exchange and visiting students will have their housing confirmed automatically; no additional application will be required.
- Graduate students in Lawrenceville will have to access to an online housing application after they confirm their enrollment online. View additional information about enrollment confirmation.
- Graduate students in Princeton need to make their own housing arrangements. Please contact Ms. Kate Shields for assistance.
Off Campus Housing for Lawrenceville Campus
The on-campus housing requirement for the Lawrenceville campus can be waived if you are coming to the United States with your spouse or child(ren). In that case, we suggest you start searching as soon as you can, to make sure you find a house or apartment that is in a safe neighborhood and fits your family needs. Off-campus housing is supported through Campus Activities and Commuter Services or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What’s Provided in Residence Hall Rooms
For Personal Use:
- A bed
- A dresser
- A desk
- A closet or wardrobe
To share with roommate:
- Hook– ups for TV
- Hook-ups for Internet
- Hook-ups for Phone & Voicemail services
To share with dorm mates:
- Bathrooms on each floor
- Laundry facilities (free)
- Lounge Area with a Small Kitchen
Telephones and Calling Home
All residence halls have a phone line but you will need to buy a telephone to activate the line. Each room has its own number and voice mail; your family and friends overseas will be able to call you at this number.
We recommend you buy extra-long linens to fit our beds (80 inches or 203 centimeters long). You can buy linens in advance, before you arrive at Rider. Please go to www.rhl.org/rdr to order your linens and have them waiting for you when you arrive. Use the Center for International Education address to send your box to campus:
Center for International Education
BLC Suite 124
2083 Lawrenceville Rd.
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-3099
If you buy a box and send it to the Center of International Education office, please email email@example.com to confirm your shipment.