- Ph.D. , Analytical/Inorganic Chemistry, Texas A&M University
- B.A, Chemistry, McMurry College
- Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, Southern Connecticut State University
- Chairperson, Department of Chemistry, Southern Connecticut State University
- Professor, Chemistry, Southern Connecticut State University
- Associate Professor, Chemistry, Southern Connecticut State University
James Ottavio Castagnera, J.D., Ph.D., has spent nearly 30 years practicing, writing about, and teaching law. He has been a faculty member at several institutions and a communication director at an R1 university, and is currently a key administrator at Rider University. He also has been a labor lawyer and litigator with a major Philadelphia firm and the general counsel/corporate secretary for the then-largest convenience store chain in New Jersey and for the nation's number one econometric forecasting organization.