Rider undergraduate, graduate students and alumni will have a chance to market themselves to prospective employers on Thursday, March 28, during the Spring Career Fair in the Bart Luedeke Center Cavalla Room.
Nearly 100 companies from fields ranging from finance and retail to nonprofits and state and federal government will be represented from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The fair will feature full-time and part-time employment, internships, co-ops, externships and summer opportunities. Participating employers will be looking for all types of majors and backgrounds. A full list of the employers that will be present, along with their vacancies, is available on the Rider Career Services website, located at rider.edu/careerservices. Click on: BRONCS CAREER LINK.
All who attend the Career Fair are strongly encouraged to:
- Dress to impress and look your best.
- Bring plenty of résumés and/or business cards.
- Review the employer list in advance and develop a prioritized list of “target employers”
- Develop and practice your 1 minute introduction: “Hello my name is (first name) and I am very interested in becoming a (insert title) with your organization because (articulate a nice, strong, concise reason). “I believe I am a strong candidate because (list the top one or two reasons why you are a good fit for the position and the company).”
- Develop and practice your closing: “I know you are busy today, what is the best way to follow up so we can discuss my background further?”
- Be sure to visit the Career Spots Video Library for a short video on how to successfully navigate the career fair. Below the video you will also see a link to download a PDF file with Career Fair quick tips.
Freshmen and sophomores are encouraged to attend the event as it is never too early to start exploring your options for life after Rider.
Students and alumni seeking help with preparing for the career fair and updating résumés and cover letters can visit the Career Services Suite in the BLC, Room 237, for the annual Résumé Blitz Days, from Monday, March 25, to Wednesday, March 27, from 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. Additional evening hours are available on Tuesday and Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
All students enrolled in the College of Business Administration can also visit Sweigart Hall Room 214, to sign up for résumés review during the Résumé Blitz Days.