Westminster Alumni who graduated between 2000 and 2010 can make their money go twice or even three times as far through the Westminster Alumni Council’s Young Alumni Challenge.
To encourage recent Westminster graduates to invest in their alma mater, the Alumni Council will match all gifts made by members of the Classes of 2000 through 2010 to The Westminster Fund and The Westminster Scholarship Fund up to a total of $10,000. Gifts from donors who gave last year will be matched 1:1. Gifts from young alumni who haven’t given will be matched 2:1. The result is that a $25 gift can become a $50 or even a $75 gift. All gifts must be received by June 30, 2011 to qualify for the match. As of May 26, 2011, $3,600 has been raised in gifts and pledges toward the match.
Gifts to the Westminster Fund and the Westminster Scholarship Fund support many vital projects, such as:
- Providing financial aid to more than 90 percent of students through unrestricted scholarship
- Underwriting travel expenses for tours and run-outs
- Restoring of the Steinway grand piano in The Playhouse and the Praetorius organ
- Repairing to Scheide Hall’s Casavant organ
- Installing of Roland Keyboard Lab System in Cottage 7
- Installing audio recording systems for Bristol Chapel, The Playhouse, Talbott Library and Williamson Hall
To make your gift to the Westminster Young Alumni Challenge, go to alumni.rider.edu/wccgive