2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
William A. Kline is an Assistant Professor at Rider University. He received his Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the Fox School of Business at Temple University. He holds a Master of Business Administration from Saint Joseph’s University, and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in finance from Kutztown University. He is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society, the CFA Institute in Charlottesville, Virginia, and the Academy of Management. He earned the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation in November of 2006.
Prior to returning to academia, Mr. Kline was a manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers where he completed valuations for mergers and acquisitions, business planning, as well as tax and financial reporting. Mr. Kline also spent time consulting at CBIZ Valuation Group, Inc. and Curtis Financial Group, a regional investment bank.
- Ph.D., 2012, Temple University, Strategic Management
- M.B.A., 2002, Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA, Business Administration
- B.S.B.A., 1998, Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA, Business Administration
- Mudambi, R., & Hannigan, T., Kline, W. (2012). Advancing Science on the Knife's Edge: Integration and Specialization in Business Ph.D. Programs. Academy of Management Perspectives.
- Kline, W. & McDevitt, T. (2012). Investor Policy Statements: Good Governance for All. Journal of Financial Services Professionals, 63-67.
- Kline, W. & Wadhams, T. (2012). Overcoming Competitive Inertia: Board Composition and Strategic Change. International Journal of Management and Information Systems, 16 (1): 111-124.
- Kline, W., & Brown, R. (2012). "Overconfidence in Entrepreneurs" targeted for Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Kline, W. & Brown, R. (2012). "Executive Compensation and Corporate Expansion: The Influence of Option-Based Incentives on Corporate Investments" targeted for Journal of Management.
- Kline, W. (2012). "Data Envelopment Analysis in Strategic Management: Should We Go There?" Targeted for Administrative Science Quarterly.
- Banker, R., Kline, W. & Wattel, S. (2012). "Does Information Technology Influence Strategic Change?" targeted for Management Science.
- 2012: Graduate School of Business, Fordham University Recipient of the Stanley Fuch's Award.
- 2011: Fox School of Business and Management - Temple University - Recipient of the Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Doctoral Student in the Business Administration Program.
- 2011: Graduate School of Business, Fordham University Recipient of the Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence.