Marketing, Advertising and Legal Studies
2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, N.J. 08648
Ralph Gallay has a Bachelors of Engineering (Chemical), an M.B.A., an M.S. (Quantitative Analysis and Economics) and a Ph.D. in Marketing. He spent several years working in engineering, financial, marketing and consulting capacities for major companies in the U.S.A. and abroad. He is currently an Associate Professor of Marketing in the College of Business Administration at Rider University, New Jersey. Dr. Gallay has two patents and is the author of many scholarly and professional publications in various journals and proceedings.
Research Interests: Financial/Strategic Marketing; Marketing Education; Selection and Evaluation of Consultants
Teaching Interests: Marketing Principles; Consumer Behavior; Marketing Research; Marketing Management
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1975, New York University, Marketing
- Master of Science, 1973, New York University, Quantitative Analysis and Economics
- Master of Business Administration, 1969, New York University, Marketing
- Bachelors of Engineering, 1962, McGill University, Chemical Engineering
- Gallay, R. (2012). Executive Guidelines for Selecting Consultants, Proceedings of the Association for Global Business Conference, Washington, D.C., ISBN: 1050-6292, Vol. 24, 1-12.
- Gallay, R. (2010). Tips on Teaching at Sanda University Shanghai-Pudong, People's Republic of China. Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review, 6 (4), 21-29.
Current Scholarly Research in Progress or Under Review
- Gallay, Ralph, “Executive Guidelines for Evaluating Consultants,” currently being prepared for submission to an International Conference in 2013.
Other Intellectual Activities
- 2010: Other Research Activities. Advisor to a group of Marketing Research students who presented a research project at ISCAP (Independent Scholarship and Creative Activities Presentations), May 2010, Rider University
- 2000: Summer Fellowship Research Grant.
- 1975: Winner of the A.M.A. Doctoral Research Grant Competition.
- 1972: Teaching Fellowship in Marketing New York University.
- 1968: Research Assistantship New York University.
- 2006: Bright Idea Award for paper: Mortgage Decision ... Lower Payment or Faster Payoff? Seton Hall University and the N.J. Business and Industry Association.
- 2004: EEP, Services for Students with Disabilities, Appreciation Award Rider University.
- 1991: Marketing Chairman's Award of Special Recognition Rider University.
- 1975: Elected to Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, for graduate record.
- 1972: Fellow American Marketing Association's 1972 Doctoral Consortium.
Download Dr. Gallay's full curriculum vitae.