Assistant Professor II - Librarian
2083 Lawrence Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- B.A., The College of New Jersey (English)
- M.L.I.S., Rutgers University
- M.A., The College of New Jersey (English)
- Cataloging/Bibliographic Control
- Liaison to English Department and Gender and Sexuality Studies Program
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Hsieh, Ma Lei, Melissa A. Hofmann, Pat Dawson, and Megan Titus. "Research Instruction Through Librarian-Faculty Collaboration Using Engaging Strategies." 5th Annual Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA (Feb. 2013)
- Hofmann, Melissa A. and Sharon Q. Yang. “‘Discovering’ What’s Changed: A Revisit of the OPACs of 260 Academic Libraries.” Library Hi Tech 30.2 (2012). 253-274.
- Yang, Sharon Q. and Melissa A. Hofmann. “The Next Generation of Catalogs for Academic Libraries.” Ex Libris Northeast User Group (ENUG) 2011 Users Conference, Bridgeport, CT (Oct. 2011).
- Hofmann, Melissa A. and Sharon Q. Yang. “How Next-Gen RU? A Review of Academic OPACs in the United States and Canada?” Computers in Libraries (July/August 2011): 26-29.
- Yang, Sharon Q. and Melissa A. Hofmann. “Next Generation or Current Generation? A Study of the OPACs of 260 Academic Libraries in the United States and Canada.” Library Hi Tech 29.2 (2011): 266-300.
- Hofmann, Melissa A. and Sharon Q.Yang. “Next Generation? A Snapshot of the Current State of OPACs in North American Academic Libraries.” Session B202: Current OPACS & Next-Gen Systems. Computers in Libraries 2011, Washington, D.C. (Mar. 2011).
- Yang, Sharon Q. and Melissa A. Hofmann. “The Next-Generation Library Catalog: A Comparative Study of the OPACs of Koha, Evergreen, and Voyager.” Information Technology and Libraries. 29.3 (2010): 141-150.
- Anderson, James D. and Melissa A. Hofmann. “A Fully Faceted Syntax for Library of Congress Subject Headings.” Cataloging & Classification Quarterly 43.1 (2006): 7-38.