- Doctor of Philosophy, 1979, University of California at Berkeley, Economics
- Master of Arts, 1968, University of California at Berkeley, Economics
- Bachelor’s of Arts, 1966, University of Michigan, Russian Studies
- American Economic Association, 1988-Present
- Association for Comparative Economic Studies, 1988-Present
- Association for Slavic East European and Eurasian Studies, 1988-Present
- Eastern Economic Association, 1988-Present
- Meric, I., Gishlick, H. E., Taga, L. S., & Meric, G. (2013). A Comparison of the Financial Characteristics of U.S., Canadian, and Mexican Manufacturing Firms. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 5 (7), Online.
- Meric, I., Gishlick, H., Taga, L., & Meric, G. (2011). Risks, Returns, and Portfolio Diversification Benefits of Country Index Funds in Bear and bull Markets. Journal of Business and Economics Research, 2 (1).
- 2008: Summer Development Fellowship
- 2004: Faculty Advisor Appreciation Certificate
- 2001: Faculty Advisor Appreciation Certificate