Dr. Lauren Eder is a professor of Information Systems in the Department of Information Systems & Supply Chain Management, and Director of the Center for International Business. She holds a Ph.D. and MBA from Drexel University and a BS from Boston University. Dr. Eder teaches graduate and undergraduate business courses including information systems for supply chain management, data mining, electronic commerce, and management information systems, as well as the EMBA international seminar and other international business study tour courses. She has traveled with Rider business students to a variety of countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Dr. Eder has taught in Shanghai, China as part of Rider’s partnership with Sanda University, and in Panama through a Fulbright Specialists Program award. Her research interests involve the adoption and diffusion of information systems and technology. Prior to joining Rider University in 1996, Dr. Eder worked for IBM and Digital Equipment Corporation.
- Doctor of Philosophy, 1998, Drexel University, Management Information Systems, Organizational Behavior
- Master of Business Administration, 1997, Drexel University, Management Information Systems
- Bachelor’s of Science, 1982, Boston University, Business Education
Academic Experience – International
Director, Rider University, Center for International Business (November 2007 to the present)
Association for Information Systems, Association of Computing Machinery, Center for Creative Leadership, Council for International Education Exchange, Decision Sciences Institute, International Teaching Program, Global Business Organization
- Denbo, S. M. & Eder, L. B. (2014). Experiential Learning and Global Competence: Enhancing Short Term Study Abroad Learning Outcomes with Business Partnership Collaboration. Journal of International Business Education, 9, 1-22.
- Shen, J. & Eder, L. B. (2011). An examination of factors associated with user acceptance of social shopping websites. International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction, 7 (1), 19-36.
- Eder, L.B., Nguyen, T.N., Nhan, P.T, and Lo, J. (2012) Collaborative Microcredit Project Moves to the Cloud. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS)
- Eder, L. & Denbo, S. (2012) Experiential Learning: The Global Supply Chain Management Study Tour Course, International Institute of Economic and Social Sciences (IISES)
- Shen, J. & Eder, L. B. (2011). "The Influence of Social Comparison, Presence, and Enjoyment on the Acceptance of Social Shopping Websites," International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction (IJTHI).
Presentation of Refereed Papers
- Eder, L. B., Nguyen, R., Pham, R., & Lo, J. (2012). Collaborative Microcredit Project Moves to the Cloud. Pacific Conference on Information Systems (PACIS), Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam.
- Eder, L. B. & Denbo, S. (2012). Experiential Learning: The Global Supply Chain Management Study Tour Course. International Institute of Economic and Social Sciences, Palermo, Italy.
- 2014: Summer Research Fellowship Award for 'Flipping the Classroom: Enhancing the Active Learning Approach to Improve Student Learning Outcomes in an Information Systems Course'. Rider University.
- 2013: Summer Faculty Development Award for 'Real Time Business Decision Making in an Uncertain World: Enhancing Rider's Enterprise Systems Curriculum with SAP HANA'. Rider University.
- 2012: Chair's Research Leave of Absence - International Collaborative Microcredit Initiatives and Cloud Computing. Rider Univresity.
- 2009: Rider University. Summer Faculty Development Award for 'Developing a Service Learning Course for Rider Students to Make a Difference in Africa'
- 2009: Fulbright Senior Specialist Award. Fulbright Association. Taught first Doctoral Seminar in Information Systems at Universidad de Panama
- 2008: Rider University. Davis Fellowship, Social Commerce Research, Rider University College of Business Administration
- 2007: Mazzotti Awards in Women's Leadership. Leadership Development Award for Women
- 2007: Rider University - Chairperson Summer Development Fellowship. Develop hybrid/blended learning course for E-commerce at the undergraduate and gradual levels
- 2002: SAP Corporation. SAP University Alliance 2002 Grant Awards Program
- 1999: Northeast Decision Sciences Institute. Babson College CIMS Best Paper Award
- 1999: Rider University. Summer Research Fellowship
- 1999: Davis Fellowship, SAP Alliance Program, Rider University.
- 1999: Decision Sciences Institute. New Faculty Development Consortium
- 1999: New Faculty Development Consortium, Decision Sciences Institute.
- 1998: Junior Faculty Consortium, Academy of Management (HCMD).
- 1997: Doctoral Student Consortium, Academy of Management (OCIS).
- 1996: Doctoral Student Consortium, Decision Sciences Institute.
- 2004: Rider University. Jesse H. Harper Professorship, Enterprise Integration
- 2003: Rider University. Jesse H. Harper Professorship, Enterprise Integration
- 2001: Commission of Higher Education & Rider University. 'Smart Cart' Mobile Computing Lab
- 2001: Wireless Technology, Rider University. Summer Faculty Development Fellowship
- 1999: Rider University. Davis Fellowship
- 1999: Rider University. Summer Research Fellowship
- 1998: Academy of Management, Healthcare Management Division. Junior Faculty Consortium - invited participant
- 1997: Academy of Management. Academy of Management, Organizational Communications and Information systems/Technology and Innovation Management - Doctoral Consortium - invited participant
- 1996: Decision Sciences Institute Doctoral Consortium. Invited participant